Black Diamond Railroads Map
The first train into Black Diamond arrived on December 12,1884. The Columbia and Puget Sound Railroad was intended for carrying coal from the area to the ports of Seattle. On any given day 100 cars of coal traveled the rails from Black Diamond.
Two years later in 1886 passenger service was added. That service ended in 1925. The last coal train left Black Diamond in April 1969, destined for the University of Washington from the Palmer Coking Coal’s Mine #11 in Black Diamond.
The museum has on display a map of the railroads in the area. It is available to download as shown below.